Intracytoplasmic Morphologically Selected Injection (IMSI) is the latest advancement in the treatment of male infertility.
Several years ago, ICSI, revolutionised the treatment of male infertility through the selection of a single motile sperm and injected into an egg, a procedure known as micromanipulation with pregnancy rates ranging from 15% to 30%. However, the selection of a motile sperm does not necessarily guarantee selection of best quality sperm.
In IMSI, sperms are magnified more than 6,000 times in order to be able to select the best sperms. Pregnancy rates approach 60% and rates of miscarriage is reduced by 75%.
IMSI is especially indicated in severe derangement in sperm parameters and other indications are:
- For men with very low sperm count less than 10million and with less than 20% motility.
- For men whose partners who have had recurrent abortions in the first trimester (to exclude the contribution of damaged sperms).
- For couples experiencing infertility, with the men having low rate of spermatozoa with normal nucleus and the women having had 2 failed cycles.
- For couples, in which case the men is above 50 years or elderly men with low sperm count (Oligospermia).
- For couples in which there is no fertilization during previous cycle either through IVF/ICSI.
- For a couple, who is in spite of having a good number of eggs, have poor fertilization.
IMSI is the latest advancement in the treatment of male infertility and is presently only available at NORDICA, Lagos, in all of the West Africa.
Our services include:
- Comprehensive Gynaecological Assessment
- Ovulation Induction and Cycle Monitoring.
- In-Vitro Fertilization (IVF).
- Artificial Insemination including Donor insemination.
- Sperm Donation.
- Embryo Donation.
- Endoscopic Surgery: Hysteroscopy & Laparoscopy.
- Egg Donation including Egg Sharing.
…..and much more.