TESA/PESAApril 26, 2020 2020-08-13 11:00
At Nordica Fertility Centre, our SRP service allows men with low (or zero) sperm count fulfil their dreams of parenthood. There are two main types of Azoospermia: ‘Obstructive Azoospermia’ and ‘Non-Obstructive Azoospermia’.
See success rate
If you are experiencing difficulties getting pregnant, you have come to the right place.
Sperm Retrieval Techniques
There are several techniques used to retrieve sperm from the reproductive organ. At Nordica we offer the following:
Testicular Sperm Aspiration (TESA)
This technique is performed for men with obstructive azoospermia. A needle is inserted into the testis and tissue samples are obtained by gentle suction and examined under the microscope.Surgically retrieved sperm are immature and therefore not capable of fertilization by conventional means except by ICSI. After the procedure, firm scrotal support will be recommended as well as regular painkillers like paracetamol as you may feel some discomfort and bruising for about 48hrs.
When should Sperm Retrieval be considered?
SRP should be considered if:
- You have certain genetic conditions that may affect sperm production.
- You have been diagnosed with low or zero sperm count
- You have previously undergone vasectomy (A minor surgery to blocks sperm from reaching the semen that is ejaculated from the penis) at any point in time
- You have a history of sexually transmitted infections like chlamydia.
- You have congenital absence of the vas deferens (men born without the tube that drains the sperm from the testicle)
Start your family with us today.
Visit our Appointments page, fill out the contact form and a member of the team will be in touch